Frequently Asked Questions
- at least 10 characters minimum and up to 35 characters maximum
- at least one upper case letter
- at least one lower case letter
- at least one number
- special characters are optional
In online banking go to My VCU, under Settings, click Password and follow the instructions.
In the mobile app, navigate to the menu “≡”, select Settings then tap Password and follow the instructions.
You must have a valid mobile phone number or email address on file to complete this action.
Click the Forgotten Password? link located on the online banking or mobile banking app sign in page and follow the instructions.
You must have a valid email address or mobile phone number on file to complete this action.
Vision Mobile App
One-time security codes provide an additional layer of protection that safeguards sensitive information and certain online banking activities. It’s a numeric security code (up to 7 digits) that you will receive via text message to your mobile phone or to your email address when you perform certain activities. The code is time sensitive and valid only for a limited amount of time. Here are some examples of when one-time passcodes are used:
- Register for online banking
- First time you sign in to online banking
- Add a new bill vendor
- Update contact information
- Change or reset your password
- Transfer funds to other members
- Add an Interac e-Transfer® recipient
Yes. You can set up shortcuts through the widget function on your mobile device by navigating to the menu "=", choosing Settings and tapping on Widgets. There you will be able to add up to three accounts you’d like to view. If you’re sharing this device, we recommend you turn off this option.
You can also add some of your favourite transactions as shortcuts in the widget, giving you an even quicker way to do your banking.
You can delete, rename or add a photo to your favourite transactions.
In online banking, select Accounts, under Accounts click Favourite transactions. You can also click the heart icon located at the top right corner on your main online banking page.
In mobile banking, navigate to your menu “≡”, select Accounts and tap Favourite transactions. You can also view your favourites on your main mobile app page after you’ve signed in.
The following are a few examples of favourite transactions:
- Transfers between your accounts (immediate, recurring, scheduled)
- Member-to-member transfers (immediate, recurring, scheduled)
- Transfers to loans (immediate, recurring, scheduled)
- Bill payments (recurring)
- Transfers to TFSA and RRSP savings accounts (immediate, recurring, scheduled)
- Interac e-Transfers® (send or request money)
The process for setting up a member-to-member transfer is different in the new system so you will need to manually enter the other member’s 12-digit account number. You must also have a valid email address or mobile phone number on file to process the transfer.
TIP: Make your member-to-member transfer a favourite transaction. This way you won’t need to remember their 12-digit account number every time you want to transfer money to them.
Follow the steps below to resend an Interac e-Transfer notification:
- Sign in to Vision’s digital banking
- If you’re using online banking click Transfers & payments, under Interac e-Transfer select History. If you’re using the mobile banking app, navigate to your menu “=”, select Interac e-Transfers and tap History
- Click on the Pending transactions tab, choose the transfer you want to resend a notification for and click the Re-notify button or bell icon
- You will receive a pop up “Did you want to re-notify the recipient of the requested transfer?” click Re-notify
- Sign in
- Click Accounts and select Open account
- Choose Chequing or Savings and click Check the accounts
- Select the account type you want to open and click Open account
- Fill in the fields and click Continue
- Review the details and click Continue
Simply sign in to online or mobile banking and change your settings.
- Sign in to Vision’s digital banking
- If you’re using online banking click My Vision, under Settings, click Statement preferences. If you’re using the mobile banking app, navigate to your menu “=”, select Settings and tap Statement preferences
In each statement account section, you will see a button ("v" icon), followed by an "Account details" label. When you click on that button, a subsection will expand, displaying all the accounts that are merged with that primary account. We call that the statement account.
In the Paper Statement column, you can click the toggle button to turn paper statements "OFF" or "ON". If the toggle is in the "OFF" position, it will have no colour, meaning it is disabled and you will not receive paper statements. If the toggle is "ON", you will see that it is green, meaning that you will receive a paper statement.
Digital banking displays all accounts you have signing authority on. You can change the way your accounts display so that you see only the accounts you want to see.
In online banking, select Accounts, under Accounts click Customize accounts. In the “Visible” column, you can click the toggle button to make accounts visible or not. If the toggle is in the "OFF" position, it will have no colour, meaning it is disabled and that account won’t be visible. If the toggle is "ON", you will see that it is green, meaning that account is visible. Select which accounts you want to be able to see, then click Save.
Our secure messaging service allows you to communicate with us from within the online banking system and is only available after you have signed in. You may include account numbers and any other information that may help us better assist you with your questions. Please use the messages feature within online banking instead of sending personal information through unsecure email channels.
In online banking, navigate to My Vision and click Messages or you can click the envelope icon located at the top right corner on your main online banking page.
In mobile banking, you can navigate to messages by tapping on the envelope icon located at the top right corner on your main screen.
Note that our standard response time is 2-3 business days. If your query is urgent, please contact us.
Yes, you can download your account activity to the following software programs:
- PDF (PDF is the only program available with the mobile banking app)
- Microsoft Money (OFX)
- Quicken (QFX)
- Sage 50 (OFX)
- Xero (OFX)
The appropriate software must be loaded in your personal computer to access the downloaded content. Please refer to the Help section in those programs for assistance. You can also refer to the program support website for further information and assistance.
*CSV files are for spreadsheet programs.
Although we do understand the impact that printed statements have on our planet, we also recognize there may be instances when printing your banking history may be necessary. Here’s how:
In online banking, go to Accounts and then View Transactions. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the print button at the bottom of the screen. You can also save a PDF of the transactions for future reference.
In mobile banking, navigate to the menu “≡”, select Accounts and then View Transactions. At the bottom of the screen, click Share. You then have the option to save to a PDF and print it from there.
You can also use the filter option to narrow down the transactions you would like to print.
Please print responsibly.
- Sign in to digital banking
- From the menu, click Business Services, then Review Pending Transactions